segunda-feira, 31 de janeiro de 2011

Hi everybody!
I have so many things to tell you!
We arrived at Boise yesterday afternoon, after flying for about 20 hours. Geraldo, Tarah and the Riverstone's families were waiting us there, holding papers with our names - it was really nice! After all the  welcomes and hugs, each one of us went away with our families, or took the the bus to Sun Valley, in the case of the Community group.
After kind of a breakfast/lunch, me and my familie came home and spent the rest of the day here. I talked to the parents about the school, about my state and about what they are planing to do while I'm here (it all seemed so cool!) and played some games with my host siblings, witch are Madi, Dakota and Kenedy.
Today was our first school day, but after the first class, in wich we talked a lot with the History teacher about Brazil, Tarah took us to the other campus of Elementary School, and we all presented our Power Points about our state. I think we did a pretty good job showing them our country. Oh, and they got really amazed when we told them things like the population of Sao Paulo, or that it doesn't snow in Brazil! After lunch, we went with other foreign students to know the Sate Capitol, where we learn a lot about local politics. The government is pretty open, people can easily go inside the Senate and watch a debate, for example. I promisse I'll post some photos soon.
So far, I'm liking Boise so much! It's a beautiful city, with lots of houses and trees. It's pretty cold here, but we can only see snow on the top of the mountains. And about Riverstone, we haven't had much classes yet, but all the students and teacher were really nice to us.
Well, that's pretty much it... I'll keep writing about Riverstone, Boise and our experiences here. :]

Laura Tasca

Um comentário:

  1. Ginger, acompanhando vocês aqui, no calor. Nem preciso dizer aproveite, pois tenho certeza que você vai, beijos.

    ResponderExcluir